Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: The Secret Life of a Submissive by Sarah K.




The Secret Life of a Submissive

Sarah K.

HarperCollins

March 26, 2013




By day she’s a writer and level-headed single mother; by night she’s a submissive, surrendering herself to forbidden delights. But will she perform the most illicit act of all – falling in love?

Written with complete honesty, this is an electrifying journey to the heights of pleasure; a real-life Fifty Shades of Grey.

When Max comes into Sarah’s life – charming, handsome and deliciously brooding – she can’t stop herself. Before long she has surrendered to him in every way: becoming his submissive, yielding her body to his every desire, powerless to fight his sensual temptations.

As Sarah pushes her mind and body to its limits, she begins to realise that she’s in too deep. Pleasure and pain have become her world. She’s addicted – to the adrenalin, to the sensation, to Max himself.

Now she’s in serious danger of giving in to the ultimate temptation: falling in love…

Daring, evocative and thrilling, but told with wit and honesty, this is the explosive true story of life as a submissive, and of a secret world in which only a few dare to play.

 photo paws.gif


I didn’t know what to think of when I got this book in the mail and saw the cover right beside the subtitle:  A True Story.  I mean, I knew the story was based on truth, but I had no idea how true or how in depth the author gets with the BDSM.  Granted, this was my first BDSM story and I was so not prepared for what happens during BDSM or even what half of what she wrote is what actually goes on.  I mean made to eat out of a dog dish?

      Yes, it could be true that I have imagined what it would be like to eat out of a dog dish…a nice clean, sanitized dog dish.  But made to do it in that fashion?  Not really to my liking.  And to know that she is a mother with kids had my stomach rolling in knots.  I think though if it were a little less non-fiction I would have liked it a little more.

  After reading The Secret Life of a Submissive I really don’t think reading BDSM is for me.  It could be that this one was a little too strong for a first timer like me, and I might just like it after rereading it after some time has past.  But the time isn’t now or anytime soon
That being said, Sarah K. is a great author and I like her writing style and I would love to read more from her in the future.


 photo 3star2.png




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book for the tour!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't like comments? Please leave as many as you like...